Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beach Glass: New Art Quilt

"Beach Glass," 26" x 35", June 2012

I've been wanting to make a quilt with neutral colors so I got out all of the tan and light brown fabrics that I had. I cut them into 3.5" strips (3" finished size). Because the tan colors reminded me of a beach, I decided to use some light blue and green batik fabrics for the diagonal strips, similar to the colors of most beach glass.


I quilted 1/4" from the vertical seams then attached a binding that was a darker brown but had some blues and greens in it. To finish, I added six blue glass beads that were frosted like beach glass gets.

This quilt will be at Village Artisans through the early August 2012. 

An artist reception will be this Friday, July 20 from 6-9 pm. Village Artisans in located at 100 Corry St. in downtown Yellow Springs. That weekend is also the Cirque Carnival.

4 comments:

DownHome Designs said...

What a beautiful piece of art! I LOVE it! Simple in design, but so classy looking. : )

FabricFascination said...

I like the name of your lovely quilt. How nice to be featured in a gallery!

jelly andrews said...

It is indeed an art! It is really beautiful. It is very creative. I just love it.

mae anderson said...

So gorgeous! I really love it. You really did a good job in this quilt.